Certified Laser Safety Specialist
100% online, self-paced course format
Course Credential: IASHEP-Certified Laser Safety Specialist (CLSS)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.) Renewal fee is $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
Program Objective : OSHA Laser Safety Training & Certification, 29 CFR 1910 & 1926 online training
This course presents an overview of safe operating procedures for lasers, which can be used in a variety of industries from general, to construction, to industrial research, to the medical setting. Without proper training or safety precautions, workers run the risk of permanent injury from the improper use of lasers.
This course satisfies the OSHA General Industry (29 CFR 1910) and Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926) training requirements for Laser Safety, a form of Non-Ionizing Radiation.
- ANSI Z136.3 (2011) Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care – The ANSI Z136.3 is recognized as the definitive document on laser safety in all health care environments. It provides guidance for the safe use of lasers for diagnostic, cosmetic, preventative and therapeutic applications in any location where bodily structure or function is altered or symptoms are relieved.ANSI Z136.1 (2007) Safe Use of Lasers – The parent document and cornerstone of the Z136 series of laser safety standards, the revised ANSI Z136.1 (2007) provides guidance for the safe use of lasers and laser systems by defining control measures for each of the four laser classes.
- All ANSI Z136 Standards
- Study laser physics and tissue interactions
- Review and apply laser safety standards from ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care
- Learn the effects and characteristics of different laser wavelengths on tissue
- Examine the current treatment modalities with lasers
- Understand the responsibilities of a Laser Safety Officer in a medical facility
- Gain a complete understanding of the laser hazard classification system
- Increase your knowledge of protocols and recommended practices when implementing a laser safety program Audience
This course will be valuable for:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- Managers & Supervisors
- General Industry Personnel
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class