Certified Accident Investigation Technician Course(CAIT)
100% online, self-paced course format
Professional Credential: Certified Accident Investigation Technician (IASHEP-CAIT)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.) Renewal fee is: $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
When an accident happens in the workplace, a thorough and complete accident investigation must be conducted in order to prevent similar mishaps in the future, and to comply with legal and policy standards. The supervisors or team leaders are the most likely to be called upon to investigate any accident that occurs in your work area. If that investigation is to be meaningful, it must identify all of the causes of the accident; and provide appropriate recommendations for corrective actions to either eliminate or control the causes.
This program explains how to systematically gather and analyze the information you need to develop recommendations for preventing similar accidents. It also explains how to use the information to improve the way you manage health, safety and the environment.
- When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Respond to an accident and effectively control to accident scene.
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine the causes of an accident.
- Make appropriate recommendations for corrective action for all Root Causes.
- Develop and complete an accurate, useful investigation report.
- Make recommendations for ways of improving your health, safety and environmental management approach.
Who should attend this course:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Construction Managers & Supervisors
- Building Inspectors
- Training Managers
- Environmental Professionals
The topics covered in this accident investigation training course can be applied to any sector.
Whether you are directly responsible for conducting the investigation or not, this course will help you understand the importance of the information obtained from an investigation and how it can help improve the overall management of the Health and Safety Department.
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class
This course is also available in classroom and onsite training