Certified Healthcare Facilities Specialist
100% online, self-paced course format
Professional Credential: IASHEP-Certified Confined Space Entry Specialist (CCSES)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.)Renewal fee is: $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
This course focuses on some of the hazards and controls found in the hospital setting, and describes standard requirements as well as recommended safe work practices for employee safety and health.. Hospitals and personal care facilities employ approximately 1.6 million workers at 21,000 work sites. There are many occupational health and safety hazards throughout the hospital.
This course breaks down the hazards associated within the many departments and suggests solutions for avoiding, minimizing, controlling or eliminating them whenever possible
Student Learning Outcomes:
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to: emphasis on each department within a hospital setting.
- Identify sources of exposure and hazards and suggest possible solutions .
- Discuss exposure evaluation and engineering and work practice controls.Develop a working Hospital Safety Manual
- Describe the most commonly found health hazards in the workplace with specific
- Work toward preparing for a Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Evaluation.
- Prepare for a Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Survey
This course will be valuable for:
- Healthcare Maintenance Employees
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- General Industry and Construction Healthcare Personnel
- Safety & Health Professionals
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class