Certified Lead Safety, Health & Environmental Manager (CLSHEM)
100% online, self-paced course format
Credential: IASHEP-Certified Lead Safety, Health & Environmental Manager Course (CLSHEM) Professional
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.) Renewal fee is: $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
This course is designed to provide the student with training in the history of lead and its uses, health effects caused by lead exposure, regulations, sampling methods, hazard communication regulations, workers legal rights, personal protective equipment, and general site safety, safe work practices. This course covers both OSHA and EPA standards applicable to lead exposure.
The objective of this course is to enable a student to safely work on sites where there is a possibility of lead exposure.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the history of lead, its uses and the health effects caused by lead exposure.
- Identify regulations and sampling methods related to lead.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of personal protective equipment and describe work methods on steel structures when lead may be present.
- Describe general site safety, safe work practices, and confined space entry as related to working on sites where there is a possibility of lead exposure.
This course is designed for anyone who will work in areas where lead may be present:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- Managers & Supervisors
- Hospital and Healthcare Managers
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class