Certified Machine Guarding Specialist
100% online, self-paced course format
Professional Credential: IASHEP-Certified Machine Guarding Specialist (CMGS)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.) Recertification fee is $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
Our Machine Guarding Specialist Certification covers:
- Machine Safeguarding
- Narrative Explanation of the Machine Guarding Standards
- Machine Guarding Standards Including the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) B-11 metal working machinery, ANSI O1.1 woodworking machinery, ANSI / RIA R15.05 Robotics and other ANSI standards and other appropriate ANSI standards for specific machinery.
- How to Conduct A Proper Machine Guarding Inspection
- How to develop an effective machine guarding program
- And much more!
There seem to be as many hazards created by moving machine parts as there are types of machines. Safeguards are essential for protecting workers from needless and preventable injuries. Any machine part, function, or process which may cause injury must be safeguarded. Where the operation of a machine or accidental contact with it can injure the operator or others in the vicinity, the hazard must be controlled or eliminated.
Machine guarding requirements can seem overwhelming with an entire subpart of OSHA CFR 1910 devoted to this topic. This course will equip you to protect your employees from moving machinery and to properly apply the OSHA Machine Guarding requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to identify hazardous areas, motions and actions, understand methods of safeguarding, understand and correctly utilized protective guards and devices and implement inspection procedures to ensure compliance.
The student will be able to identify the variety of machine guards that are required for safeguarding machinery such as but not limited to:
Milling and Drilling Machines,
Hydraulic Power Presses,
Mechanical Power Presses,
Introduction To Robotics,
Metal Cutting Saws,
Power Transmission Guarding
Conveyors, and many more types of machinery.
Note: If this course is taught onsite for a specific client, then IASHEP will tailor the course for the types of machines that maybe located in the clients work areas.
The Student will be able to use the OSHA 29 CFR. 1910 General Industry Standards, OSHA Interpretations and Directives as well as gain knowledge in the use of various American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for machinery to gain and understanding of the requirements for safeguarding these machines
This course will be valuable for:
- Machine Operators & Maintenance Personnel
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Manufacturing Managers, Supervisors, & Engineers
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class