Certified Material Handling & Conveyor Safety Specialist (CMHCSS)
100% online, self-paced course format
Professional Credential: IASHEP- Certified Material Handling & Conveyor Safety Specialist (CMHCSS)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.) Renewal fee is: $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
Our Material Handling & Conveyor Safety Specialist Certification covers:
Conveyors are involved in about 50 deaths in the United States each year. When used properly, conveyors can reduce workloads, make production more efficient, and prevent injuries that result from carrying materials by these types of machines. This course will discuss the most common types of conveyors and their hazards, the types of guarding around conveyors, general conveyor safety, gain an understanding about OSHA, MSHA and ANSI regulations and standards.
The IASHEP Certified Material Handling & Conveyor Safety Specialist (CMHCSS) course is intended to familiarize the student with OSHA, MSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards as they relate to material handling and conveyors. Guidance is provided on the hazards associated with various kinds of material handling & conveyor machinery and the control of hazardous energy sources (lockout/tagout).
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to understand:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) machine guarding standards,
- Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) regulations concerning material handling equipment and conveyors
- How to effectively inspect and provide machine guarding for bulk conveyors, belt conveyors, food conveyors, roller conveyors, chain driven conveyors, steel core belt conveyors, screw conveyors
- Perform proper Lockout & Tagout when conducting maintenance on this type of machinery.
This course will be valuable for:
- Machine Operators & Maintenance Personnel
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Manufacturing Managers, Supervisors, & Engineers
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class