Certified Occupatioal Health & Safety Specialist (COHSS)
100% online, self-paced course format
|Course Credential: IASHEP-CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SAFETY SPECIALIST COHSS
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.)Recertification fee is $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
Course Introduction: »
An occupational health and safety specialist works to prevent or decrease any type of injury or harm to people in the workplace. They typically examine a variety of work environments and ensure that safety regulations are being followed.
An occupational health and safety specialist can find employment in a variety of settings, including local, state and federal governments, hospitals and manufacturing. They can pursue a variety of job titles, such as industrial hygienist, health physicist and environmental protection specialist.
As these professionals test the safety of various work environments, they sometimes put themselves in dangerous situations and must take special precautions to prevent injury.
By attending this course, Occupational Health and Safety Specialists will learn how to:
- Design effective safety, health and environmental program
- Analyze work environments and design programs to control and eliminate these hazards
- Learn to eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, radiological, and biological agents or ergonomic factors that involve the impact of equipment design on a worker’s comfort or fatigue.
- Learn how to conduct inspections and inform the management of a business which areas may not be in compliance with State and Federal laws or employer policies.
- Learn how to advise management on the cost and effectiveness of safety and health programs.
- Supervisors & Managers
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals
- Site Safety, Health and Environmental Committee Members
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Individuals associated with federal agency collateral duty safety and health personnel
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class