Certified Petroleum Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (CPEHSS) - Servicing and Drilling
100% online, self-paced course format
Certification: IASHEP- Certified Petroleum Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (PEHSS) – Servicing and Drilling
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.)Recertification fee is $150
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
The IASHEP Certified Petroleum Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (PEHSS) – Servicing and Drilling course for On-Shore Oil and Gas Exploration and Production provides essential information for employees and employers to protect themselves by developing the knowledge and skills to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazards common to the on-shore oil and gas exploration and production industry.
This includes work sites associated with the on-shore exploration and production of oil and gas including, but not limited to construction, drilling, completion, well servicing, production, product gathering and processing, and product transmission. This course is intended for employees and employers engaged in all phases of U.S. on-shore oil and gas exploration and production.
The course is designed for employees, management and owners of businesses associated with all phases of on-shore oil and gas exploration and production operations. To get the most from this course, it is recommended but not required that attendees have some prior experience or familiarity with oil and gas extraction processes, since not all oil and gas terms are described fully during the course.
This course provides essential information for employees and employers to protect themselves by developing the knowledge and skills to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazards common to the on-shore oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- OSHA Standards, History, and Organization
- Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- Multi-Employer Workplaces
- What is Well Drilling?
- Drilling Rig Components
- Site Preparation for Drilling Operations
- Setting Up The Drilling Rig
- Pre-Startup Safety
- General Services
- THE ABCs Hydrogen sulfide
- Overview of the PSM Rule
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Walking and Working Surfaces and Fall Protection
- Electrical Standards
- Chemical Hazards and Standards
- Personal Protective Equipment (eye, face, body and respirators)
- Hazardous Materials
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
- Egress and Fire Protection
- Materials Handling
This course will be valuable for:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- Managers & Supervisors
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Construction Managers & Supervisors
- Safety & Health Professionals
- Training Managers
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.