Certified Safety, Health, Environmental Specialist EM 385-1 Safety Course
100% online, self-paced course format
Professional Credential: IASHEP- Certified Safety, Health, Environmental Specialist (EM-385-1)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.)
IASHEP is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free of all forms of discrimination
This course is designed for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply with the EM385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers safety and health requirements.
Students will learn procedures of the Navy and US Army Corps of Engineers contracts, and the safety & health requirements of the US Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements manual. Upon completion, students receive an official OSHA 30 Hour card for Construction. Areas covered, Site-Specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP), Intro to OSHA, Site Safety Health Officer’s Qualifications & Responsibilities, Activity Hazard Analysis development, Site Personnel training, Incident Response, Job-site Auditing, & Hazard Communication.
OSHA Standards for General Industry (29 CFR Part 1926) current edition & Corps of Engineers EM-385-1-1 manual.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify appropriate EM385-1-1standards applicable to the construction industry
- Identify appropriate OSHA 29 CFR 1926 construction standards
- Identify the requirements of contractors to develop accident & Illness prevention plans
- Apply the requirements for developing Job Safety & Health Analysis (JSHA).
This course will be valuable for:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals,
- Safety & Health Committee Members
- Government Inspectors
- Electrical Managers & Supervisors
- General Industry and Construction Personnel
- Safety & Health Professionals
- Training Managers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Environmental Professionals
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
After signing up for this course IASHEP will send you a link to the LMS class